Friday 17 August 2007

The warmth of Mill Road's culinary melting pot



Last year we had several neighbourhood shops nominated for TW2B award, and the other week I went to visit one, Al Amin in Mill Road to see what it was like. I was immediately struck by the extraordinary range of food on sale, and the friendly welcoming staff who managed to help customers without being 'pushy'.







You certainly don't have to be disabled to enjoy shopping at Al Amin, but I could easily see why they were nominated last year by a regular customer whose shopping they carried home free of charge after an operation made things difficult, and at other times she reported "they make a point of putting my shopping in two evenly balanced bags so that I carry it easily".
It's this sort of practical help that we want to encourage!

1 comment:

paulocanning said...

It's a great shop, fantastic range, and as a non-disabled person I've always been struck by their attention to customers.